\*\*UPDATE\*\* CAC-NG Tokend (BETA v0.95) for Mac OS X 10.6 May 20, 2010
An updated Tokend & Installer have been posted for your testing.
Tokend Update Fixes
- CACNG Tokend previously picked up a standard CAC as well, but failed to handle. You only saw one identity (Cert & Private key).
This Installer for the CAC Next Generation (a.k.a. CAC-NG) Tokend for Mac OS X 10.6 - Snow Leopard has been posted which supports the Gemalto TOPDLGX4 144 issued cards.
Note: Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 cards are not yet supported.
You can verify the installation of this new tokens “CAC-NG” by checking its existence at the following path.
The first letters of the Keychain Name that appear in Keychain Access always reflects what Tokend is publishing that particular the Smart Card. For example, for this tokens, the name begins with “CACNG-….”.
- Install CAC-NG Tokend
- Launch Keychain Access
- Insert Reader
- Insert Card
- The Smart Card “Keychain” should appear in Keychain Access’ Keychain List having a name starting with “CACNG-…”. The first characters of the Keychain Name reflect which Tokend has picked up the card for handling. If the Name begins with “CAC-…”, but you have a CAC-NG card then there is an issue with the CAC-NG installation and operation will not work properly.
- Make sure that ALL objects appear for the Card. Recently issued CAC-NG cards all appear to have 4 identities (Cert / Key pairs), but that is neither a requirement nor a restriction of the CAC-NG specification. 3 Identities are CAC related and the final identity is PIV related. Keep in mind that the CAC-NG specification is a dual-applet environment (CAC & PIV).
- If they do not, the CAC-NG Tokend is not installed or you are using the even newer 128K Oberthur “ID One 128 v5.5 Dual” Card which is not yet supported.
- Attempt to manually unlock the Smart Card Keychain. Select the Smart Card Keychain, Click on the lock icon, enter your PIN and click OK. The lock icon should now appear “un-locked” to reflect the actual state of the card. Keep in mind that if you fail to unlock the card three consecutive times, the card will be blocked and you will need to take it to the appropriate Card Management location and have it unblocked. If things fail using this beta Tokend, take your card to another system known to work with the CAC-NG card and unlock the card - resets the cards counter.
- Proceed to test your various usage scenarios across the system.
- Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 cards are not yet supported.
Report any and all anomalies to the SmartCardServices Ticket System.
Submit New Tickets:
View existing tickets: